Friday, August 17, 2012

Mandala Drawing

While browsing the web about tangle doodling, I came across this video on how to draw mandala with zentangles.

So I search more about mandala drawing, and turns out that it's been used as an art therapy too. It was first introduced by Jung, who believed that mandala serves as expressions of the self, and represented the sum of who we are. 

According to Jung, 
Mandala symbolize "a safe refuge of inner reconciliation and wholeness". They have the potential to call forth something universal within, perhaps even the proverbial archetypal Self. And at the same time, they give us an experience of wholeness amid the chaos of everyday life.

You can find a lot of literature and sources in the internet explaining about this, and lots of lots of video in Youtube about mandala drawing. Some of them are jaw dropping.

my first attempt


This is my first attempt in drawing mandala, with tangle.

And this is my other attempt to grow a mandala without using a compass.




 I learned it from a video on YouTube, and I think it's a very interesting process. 


What I like about this is that the idea of the whole process, it's about to keep going, keep going even when you're in doubt. You shouldn't think too much of the next shape to be put on paper, you just need to trust your hand, and keep drawing. 

Some links about mandala drawing that might be useful:

No comments:

Post a Comment